Books

Release Day Review: Broken Sun by B.D. Roca

Review Detail

Release Day Review: Broken Sun by B.D. Roca
Books
by Cat Clontz     November 14, 2017    
Overall 

Gritty Realism and Enduring Love

B.D. Roca is a new author to me, so when she contacted me to review a biker story, I jumped at the opportunity.  There’s nothing like a good biker story!  What I then proceeded to read was a delight for the senses.

Set in Australia, Luc and Morgan are not the most compatible people. Morgan wants to climb the ranks of the club, and Luc just wants out without dying in the process, which appears less and less likely as each scene passes.  The plot was great, and the pacing was on point.  

There is a large gap of time between the beginning and the final get-together, but while I was sad to have the missing years, the result allowed for infinitely more maturity on Luc’s part, and the way the men come together is more special for the lapse. It is here, however, that the pacing falls apart a bit. It isn’t enough to throw you out of things, but it is noticeable.

Slipping into the minds of each main character allows for greater understanding of the whole. The chemistry between the men is strong, their pull toward each other palpable, and sexy times are super hot.  The character growth on both parts is massive, especially with the ten plus year break between them.

Broken Sun is a gritty, evocative book.  The situations faced by the men with regard to the motorcycle club are beautifully dark, and really make the book seem more realistic. Favors done equal favors owed, and no good deed goes unpunished. 

I am rating this book at four strong stars, and I highly recommend you give it a try!

**Same worded review will appear on Goodreads, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.** 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account?